Saturday, July 27, 2024

Faith overcoming unbelief

Mark 9:23-24 (NLT) "'What do you mean, ‘If I can’?' Jesus asked. 'Anything is possible if a person believes.' The father instantly cried out, 'I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!'"

In Mark 9:23-24, Jesus teaches us a powerful lesson about faith. When a father seeking healing for his son expresses doubt, Jesus responds with a bold statement: "Anything is possible if a person believes." This promise encourages us to exercise faith in God's power, even when we face seemingly insurmountable challenges.

The father's honest plea, "I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief," resonates with many of us. It acknowledges that while we have faith, we also struggle with doubts. This transparency is key to growing our faith. Jesus does not condemn the father's doubt; instead, He heals his son, demonstrating that God honors even imperfect faith.

Today, take a moment to reflect on areas in your life where you need God's intervention. Approach Him with the same honesty as the father in this passage. Pray, "Lord, I believe; help me overcome my unbelief." Trust that God understands your struggles and is ready to strengthen your faith.

Remember, faith is not about having no doubts; it's about choosing to trust God despite them. As you exercise your faith, you will witness God's power and grace in ways you never imagined. Believe that with God, all things are possible. Seek His help in overcoming unbelief, and watch your faith grow stronger day by day.

_____________________________

Trusting God - Jerry Bridges

Recommended Resource: Trusting God by Jerry Bridges

No comments:

Restoring the Heart of Marriage: Embracing God's Design for Lasting Love

In Mark 10:1-12, On a trip from Capernaum to Judea, Jesus is confronted by a group of religious leaders who ask him about the legality of ...